Steward Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center currently accepts the following health plans:
The list above represents the health plans accepted by most physicians affiliated with Physician Group of
Arizona, Inc. Please note that the listing of a health care plan does not guarantee coverage. If your managed
health care plan is not listed, please contact your insurance provider. Some affiliates may not be listed.
Accepted Health Plans
Acute Care Health Plans in Maricopa County
Health Net Access
Maricopa Health Plan
Mercy Care Plan
Mercy Maricopa Integrated
Phoenix Health Plan
United Healthcare Community Plans
Long Term Care Plans in Maricopa County
Bridgeway Health Solutions
Mercy Care Plan – LTC
United Health Care – LTC
Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) in Maricopa County
Mercy Maricopa Integrated
Gila River Indian Tribe
Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) in Coconino County
Health Choice Integrated Care
Acute Care Health Plans in Pima County
University Health Plans
Hawaii Mainland Network (HMN)
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Plans
You must provide our office with your insurance verification card. Should you change your insurance coverage, please contact our office with any updated insurance information. We also recommend that you contact your insurance company prior to surgery to determine the extent of your coverage, including:
- Diagnostic testing
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitation (needs, equipment)
- Second opinion requirements
- Surgeon fees
Please note, verification and/or pre-certification is not a promise of payment from your insurance company. You are still responsible for payment of the bill. To assist, we will submit a claim for any services to your primary insurance carrier and provide you with the information you may need for secondary insurance. If you have additional questions, please contact us.
You are personally responsible for payment of your account regardless of your medical insurance coverage. Our policy requires that all office visit charges be paid at the time of service. We accept cash, personal checks, Mastercard and Visa for payment of charges. You will receive a monthly statement itemizing charges and your current balance. Any arrangements for extended payments must be addressed with our business office at 602-553-3113. If your account is past due and you have not made payment arrangements with the business office, we will need to take additional collection measures.
A deposit may be required prior to your surgery, depending on your type of insurance coverage. If a deposit is required, you will be contacted by the business office prior to surgery.
Office visits following surgery are included in your surgery fee for a specified period of time (usually up to 90 days), depending on the type of surgery performed. X-rays and other services or supplies provided after surgery are not included in the surgery fee and are your responsibility to pay.
We accept Medicare. Medicare will pay us directly for 80 percent of the allowed charges. You are responsible to provide payment of the remaining 20 percent of Medicare’s allowed charges, if your deductible has been met. We will provide you with the information you may need for your supplemental insurance carrier.
On your first visit for an industrial injury, you must complete a 102-Form. If you have not completed this form, please speak with the practice’s industrial account representative. Information and forms must be submitted to the receptionist at the time of check-in.
We are contracted with certain managed health care plans to accept their established fee schedule amounts. The various plans have different deductible, co-payment and co-insurance requirements, which you must pay at the time of service. Please familiarize yourself with your plan’s financial requirements as well as protocol requirements for referrals, preauthorization and second opinions.
Indemnity insurance plans pay according to their reasonable and customary fee schedules. We are not contracted with these insurance companies. You are responsible for paying the difference between the practice’s charges and the insurance plan’s reimbursement.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon at the Steward Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center, please contact us.