Whether you are a highly trained professional athlete or simply a weekend warrior, the Steward Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center offers advanced sports medicine services that are designed to support your overall health and wellness goals.
A highly specialized and experienced team at Steward Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center is fully committed to helping athletes of all ages maintain physical health and improve overall performance. Board-certified sports medicine physicians diagnose and treat a wide range of athletic injuries. Learn more below.
Injuries / Conditions Treated
- Shoulder impingement, rotator cuff tendinitis, shoulder dislocations, AC sprains
- Biceps tendinitis/tears
- Muscle strains, sprains and cramps
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow Hip flexor tendinitis, abductor tendinitis, bursitis,
- snapping hip syndrome, labral tears, impingement
- Runner’s knee (patellofemoral pain), IT band syndrome, meniscal tears, cartilage injuries, ligament injuries
- Shin splints
- Sprained or twisted ankles
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Stress fractures
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Rotator cuff repair
- Labral repair/debridement
- Elbow surgery
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow debridement/repair
- Hip arthroscopy
- ACL reconstruction
- Knee meniscal repair/debridement
- Cartilage restoration
- Extremity fracture care
Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections
Sports medicine physicians at Steward Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center offer a variety of non-surgical treatment options, including platelet-rich plasma injection (PRP), a natural therapy that takes advantage of the body’s own healing abilities. During this non-surgical procedure, the physician takes a basic blood draw. The blood is placed in a centrifuge to separate the platelets and plasma from the red blood cells. The isolated platelet-rich plasma is then injected back into the patient at the injury site. A high concentration of platelets loaded with growth factors stimulate the body’s natural healing and recovery processes. PRP injections may be used to treat stress fractures, cartilage injuries (including osteoarthritis), and injuries of the muscles, tendons, or ligaments.
Schedule a Sports Medicine Appointment
For more information about services, or to schedule an appointment with a sports medicine specialist in Biltmore, Mesa, Tempe, or Scottsdale please contact us.